Career Exploration Days (CEDs) invite multiple professionals from an occupational area to discuss their profession and educational background to a large group of students. The professionals give real-world insight into the reality of their job.
Grade 10-12 students are eligible to participate in Career Exploration Days.
- All Career Exploration Sessions will be run virtually, following a specific lesson plan template. Career Transitions is working closely with hosts to create an experience that is as engaging and interactive as possible. Video footage shot on location is being considered so that more visuals can be shared with students.
- Registration can be done by either the school or the student.
- Sessions will run sometime between 4:00 and 6:00pm on designated dates. See “Options” tab below to see dates – please note, these will be updated continuously as dates are confirmed by hosts – CHECK BACK OFTEN!
- There are no forms to complete to participate.
- All sessions will be recorded and posted on the website.
Select the occupation below to register for the virtual event, or if after the event, the link to the recording.
Heavy Equipment Technician – sponsored by Southland International – Wednesday, October 28, 2020 – 4:00pm
All Virtual Career Exploration Sessions will occur in Live Events on Teams.
You will need an invitation link to participate. Check out the various sessions taking place under the “Career Exploration Session Options” tab – you can register for whatever sessions you are interested in.
Please note: if you missed a session, you are still able to get a recording of the session in the same place.