EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from a wide variety of different sectors. Up to 720 high school students have the chance to explore a range of career pathways in a meaningful way. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with industry professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. As well, exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects.
Assuming Stage 2 is in effect with field trips being allowed, students can expect to:
- Be registered in a cohort of 6 students, all from their own school; this cohort will explore 5 occupations clustered together (pre-set).
- Meet hosts working in those clustered occupations – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the occupation and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in that specific occupation, including the highlights/lowlights of the job.
- Students will attend either in the morning or afternoon. No lunch or snacks will be provided.
- Students MUST remain in their cohorts and attend the assigned occupational booths.
Career Transitions commits to a decision on the mode of delivery of this event by December 15, 2020.
Here is a list of exhibitor hosts who have indicated an interest in hosting a booth(s) at EPIC 2021 (updated January 18, 2021)
- Adapt Chiropractic
- Adaptive Technologies Inc.
- AGI Nobleford
- Airtech Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd – CLUSTER SPONSOR!
- Alberta Health Services (2 booths)
- Bridge City Chrysler
- Draffin’s Pharmasave
- Kasko Cattle Company Ltd
- KB Plumbing, Heating and A/C (2 booths)
- Ladybug Arborists
- Lethbridge 911
- Lethbridge College (2 booths)
- Lethbridge School Division
- Mason Construction & Home Inspections
- Oldman Watershed Council
- ONE Beauty Brands Lethbridge
- Plants Dig Soil Consulting Ltd
- Rohoboth Christian Ministries
- Southern Alberta Institute of Massage
- Southland International
- Training Inc
- University of Lethbridge
Date: April 21, 2021 CHANGED!!!!
Time: AM or PM session – exact times TBD
Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
Will be posted in December 2020
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC.
Interested in attending? Sign up now: EPIC Exhibitor Registration Link
Looking for more information about becoming an exhibitor and/or how to support this great event?
Check out details about the event here: EPIC Exhibitor Package 2021
Various sponsorship options are available to sponsor this great event: EPIC Sponsorship package
Additional questions? Please call our office at 403-328-3996
Please review the Teacher Package below. Details regarding changes to the event, specifically around COVID protocols is included.
Contact the Career Transitions office (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns about the event.