EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from 4 different sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) and Trades. Up to 600 high school students have the chance to explore a wide range of career pathways in a meaningful way. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with industry professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. As well, exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects. With over 100 different occupations present, students will be sure to learn about how they can take their next Career Step.
Students can expect to:
- Be registered in one of four sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM or Trades.
- Meet hosts working in that specific industry during the morning – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in that specific industry, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
- Have an opportunity to explore the other three sectors or return to hosts they might have missed in their sector earlier in the day.
Career Transitions proposes to deliver EPIC in it’s traditional fashion if Stage 3 is in effect.
Assuming Stage 2 is in effect, students can expect to:
- Be registered in a cohorts of 6 students, all from their own school; this cohort will explore 5 pre-selected occupations
- Meet hosts working in those clustered occupations – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the occupation and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in that specific occupation, including the highlights/lowlights of the job.
Other changes include:
- Students will attend either in the morning or afternoon. No lunch or snacks will be provided.
- No open career fair will be available.
- Students MUST remain in their cohorts and attend the assigned occupational booths.
Career Transitions commits to a decision on the mode of delivery of this event by December 15, 2020.
Date: April 21, 2021 CHANGED!!!!
Time: AM or PM session – exact times TBD
Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
Here is a list of exhibitor hosts who have indicated an interest in hosting a booth(s) at EPIC 2021 (updated October 23, 2020)
- Adaptive Technologies Inc.
- Agility Program, University of Lethbridge
- Airtech Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd
- Atlatl Archaeology Ltd
- City of Lethbridge
- Draffin’s Pharmasave
- Kasko Cattle Company Ltd
- KB Heating & Air Conditioning
- Ladybug Arborists
- Plants Dig Soil Consulting Ltd
- Rocky Mountain Equipment
- Rohoboth Christian Ministries
- UA Local 496
- Ward Bros Construction Ltd
Specific clusters of occupations will be posted in the new year.
Will be posted in December 2020
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC.
Interested in attending? Sign up now: EPIC Exhibitor Registration Link
Looking for more information about becoming an exhibitor? Exhibitor Package coming soon!
Want information now? Please call our office at 403-328-3996
Please review the Teacher Package below. Details regarding changes to the event, specifically around COVID protocols is included.
Contact the Career Transitions office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns about the event.