EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from 4 different sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) and Trades. Up to 600 high school students have the chance to explore a wide range of career pathways in a meaningful way. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with industry professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. As well, exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects. With over 100 different occupations present, students will be sure to learn about how they can take their next Career Step.
Students can expect to:
- Be registered in one of four sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM or Trades.
- Meet hosts working in that specific industry during the morning – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in that specific industry, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
- Have an opportunity to explore the other three sectors or return to hosts they might have missed in their sector earlier in the day.
Date: February 10, 2021
Time: 9:00am – 2:30pm
Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
2020 Schedule (updated January 15, 2020)
[table id=3 /]
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC in Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM and Trades.
Looking for more information about becoming an exhibitor?
Exhibitor Registration Link – Registration is now open for 2020!
Interested in registering but need more information? Please call our office at 403-328-3996
Similar to past years, spaces for each sector are allocated per District. Please contact your District Point Person to determine the number of spots you/your school might have:
Calvin Christian – William Grisnich
Coaldale Christian – Jenn Slomp
Holy Spirit – Wendy Gurr
Horizon – Kristin Bodnar
Livingstone Range – Lettie Croskery
LSD#51 – Jacquie Lowe
Palliser – Jason Kupery
Westwind – Coralee Williams
All student registration MUST BE completed through the District Point Person.
Your point person also has access to a Wait List Form – if you have extra students who are interested, please pass that information onto your point person as well.
Please note: Every SCHOOL must have a supervisor at the event.
Last year was a very successful event due to the effort put in by the teachers, counsellors and administrators in selecting the right students for the event.
We greatly appreciate the effort put in and would like to share what some districts did for selection purposes:
- Students filled in an application “applying” to go
- Students submitted an essay, outlining why they wanted to attend
- Teachers recommended students