EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from a wide variety of different sectors. Up to 600 high school students have the chance to explore a range of career pathways in a meaningful way. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with industry professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. As well, exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects. With over 100 different occupations present, students will be sure to learn about how they can take their next career step.
Students can expect to:
- Be registered in one of four sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM or Trades.
- Meet hosts working in that specific industry during the morning – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in that specific industry, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
- Have an opportunity to explore the other three sectors or return to hosts they might have missed in their sector earlier in the day.
Watch for more exhibitors as they continue registering. Check back often to see all the exciting careers you can explore! (Last updated June 22, 2021)
- Alberta Canola Producers
- Rocky Mountain Equipment
Date: April 13, 2022
Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
Will be posted in December 2021
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC.
Interested in attending? Sign up now: EPIC 2022 Exhibitor Registration Link
Looking for more information about becoming an exhibitor and/or how to support this great event?
Check out details about the event here: EPIC Exhibitor Package 2021 (2022 updated package coming in the fall)
Various sponsorship options are available to sponsor this great event: EPIC Sponsorship package (2022 updated package coming in the fall)
Additional questions? Please call our office at 403-328-3996
An updated Teacher Package will be posted in the Fall. Please come back then!
Contact the Career Transitions office (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns about the event.